PawsForACause is a web-based campus engagement network that connects students to organizations and, in this instance, helps connect individuals and groups to service opportunities. This system gives students and student organizations free access to local community organizations seeking volunteers and allows students to find a wide variety of service opportunities.
Students and student groups looking to volunteer can sign in to PawsForACause through the Panther involvement Network or P.I.N. using their campus credentials and can then research and register for volunteer activities that are appropriate for them and/or their members.
Sign in to PawsForACause to get started today. PawsForACause offers a number of substantial benefits to students in addition to providing information, such as allowing:
- Students to record their volunteer hours during their entire Georgia State career in order to maintain information that can later be used for job applications or applications for graduate or professional schools.
- Georgia State to record all community service activities performed by students and student groups and track students’ hours for service recognition such as the President’s Awards for Community Service and Social Action at Georgia State and the United States Presidential administration’s President’s Volunteer Service Award.
- Georgia State to better highlight its commitment to civic engagement.
- Service partners, University Offices and Student Organizations to create an organizational profile that is customized to display organizational information and volunteer needs and/or hours served.
- Students have an easy way to inquire about various opportunities to help make an informed choice.
Partner Onboarding Process: Below is the Non-Profit Partner Affiliation Application that your organization will need to fill out to be affiliated with Georgia State University’s PawsForACause System.
If you have an account with PawsForACause also known as GivePulse you will be directed to the affiliation application. If you do not have an account you will need to:
1) Set up a personal account.
2) Create a group for your Non-Profit organization.
3) Request affiliation with Georgia State University’s PawsForACause System to post volunteer opportunities for Georgia State students.
Please use the support page to learn how to use the system if needed.
Once you have submitted the appropriate application, Student Civic Engagement will review and either approve or deny your application based on your status with the University or your status as a 501(C)(3) organization with the Georgia Secretary of State office.