Greek Week is a time of celebration, collaboration, and friendly competition in the fraternity and sorority community. Each year, chapters from all the four governing councils come together for a week of activities aimed at reinforcing the four pillars of Fraternity & Sorority Life: Scholarship, Service, Leadership, and Friendship. This year’s Greek Week occurred on February 20-26, 2022.
All chapters participating in Greek Week were placed in a team with other chapters from various councils and given time to plan how they want to compete in activities throughout the week. This gives all chapters a chance to get to know each other, especially chapters that may not collaborate often. Historically, some Greek Week activities have included a banner competition, educational speakers, team trivia, service projects, philanthropic activities, field day, and a closing ceremony. This year’s winning team consisted of members from Alpha Xi Delta Women's Fraternity, Delta Epsilon Psi Fraternity, Inc. and Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity, Inc.
Past Winning Greek Week Teams:
- 2021: Didn't occur due to COVID-19
- 2020: Sigma Sigma Rho (no pairings due to COVID-19)
- 2019: Alpha Tau Omega, Delta Phi Lambda, Sigma Gamma Rho, Sigma Sigma Rho
- 2018: Alpha Omicron Pi, Alpha Phi Alpha, Delta Phi Lambda
- 2017: Alpha Tau Omega, Lambda Theta Alpha, Phi Mu, Sigma Sigma Rho
- 2016: Alpha Iota Omicron, Alpha Omicron Pi, Delta Lambda Phi, Lambda Theta Alpha, Phi Beta Sigma
If you are interested in joining a fraternity or sorority, attending Greek Week events is a great way to meet members of the Fraternity & Sorority Life community.